Memrise is a tool giving you access to hundreds of thousands of courses on any subject you want to learn about.
– Scientific learning system boosts your brain to learning 44 words / hour
– Multiple game modes drill different aspects of memory: Visual Learning, Review & Strengthen, Rapid Recall + more
– Choose from 1000s of courses in 100s of languages, all totally FREE
– Adaptive engine tracks your learning and helps you review at just the right time
– Example sentences, audio, video
Millions of members worldwide use Memrise to learn over 200 different languages – including Spanish, French, German, Portuguese (Brazilian Portuguese and European Portuguese), Mandarin Chinese (traditional and simplified Chinese Characters), Cantonese, Japanese, Korean, Italian, Irish, Welsh, Dutch, Danish, Swedish, Finnish, Catalan, Icelandic, Polish, Russian, Arabic (standard Arabic, Moroccan Arabic, Egyptian Arabic, Gulf Arabic etc)… and even constructed languages from Esperanto to Klingon, Toki Pona, Dothraki and Na’vi.
SCIENCE BEHIND MEMRISE
Designed by Ed Cooke, world-renowned memory coach, Memrise makes use of memory-enhancing techniques confirmed by extensive scientific research.
In collaboration with University College London, Memrise runs The Memrise Prize – an annual $10k cognitive science competition to discover the most efficient methodology for learning vocabulary. The most effective methodologies from the competition are fed back into learning games on Memrise.